Saturday, October 6, 2007

Christmas MUSIC!!!!! i know i know....

Eliza posing on the "star" pillow!!!!! I attempted to put her hair down

"A LOT of BOOKS" ... that is what he said when I found him in the closet dumping all of his books out!!!!





Well....since it is unbearably FREEZING here...I have decided that the only thing that could possibly make it bearable is of course, CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!!!!



I know some people are pretty against this...but you know....it really makes a difference for me. I am totally LOVING it, and really CANNOT wait to decorate for Christmas this year because we finally have some FUNNNNN decorations..not to mention A FABULOUS TREE that aaron surprised me with last year!

...I will forever look back on that moment of aaron walking through the door with this HUGE BOX....and remember that he really made our Christmas so special. We didn't have a tree at all.

He went out to buy running shoes and came back like 5 hours later!!! I wasn't super happy about the time it took him and wondered what in heavens name he was doing (see...we don't have cell phones :O)...

Anyway....to make a long story short, he didn't get the shoes, but found a beautiful Christmas tree outside of Goodwill and payed only 10 dollars for it....and it's HUGE AND BEAUTIFUL!!!! I CANNNNOT WAIT to see it and all of its beauty again this year. He bought it only the day before Christmas, so we weren't able to keep it up too long!!! It came with a mini tree and also TONS of lights! We were really blessed, and I can't even begin to tell you what it meant to me. I know it is "just a tree"....but when you've not had a Christmas tree in many years, it really brings back a flood of memories when Christmas was reallly exciting.

And now oliver is "maybe" starting to get to the age where Christmas will be very fun for him too....so this is just going to be so fun....I am just so excited!



So that is that :O)



This week has been a good one. I decided that I felt good about going back to school...but last night I had a bad dream kind of involving the same kid at school....so I don't know...

But as of now, I feel good about it. I am really loving it, and think it is some of the greatest material I have ever "had" to learn. I actually look forward to going to class...that is not how it has been in the past (chem., math, A and P,....they just didn't do quite the same thing for me:o)

So I love it...and that really makes me happy.



Oliver and Eliza did really well this week!!! We've all been sick, and oliver wakes up coughing a lot (usually around 5 am)...and then doesn't go back to sleep. He stays awake and talks to "sister"....which isn't super fun because then she wakes up, and we have ourselves a loud raucous!



But....they are such good kids, angels really...I truly feel so blessed to have such good-happy kids.

Eliza is following in oliver's steps and rolled over last week. It is pretty much the same timing as oliver. The only difference is that she rolls tummy to back, and he first rolled back to tummy! She is really trying hard to go back to tummy though....

They both seem to be pretty independent kids...I wonder if I will ever have any cuddlers, but I've learned that this is just how they are, and I am 100% getting to be "ok" with it :O).



well...I think that is all for now...



actually, I just have a few funny phrases that oliver says lately..so here they are:



"HEY GUYS"...even if he is just talking to "sister"...or one of his Giraffys!



"Honey..Look!" or "hey...watch this"

whenever he wants us to see the "amazing" things he is doing, this is what he says!



"Goove Over"..whenever he wants us to move over, or scoot over to give him his "space" :O)



"Ya" or "Yep"....HE IS FINALLY giving us yes answers in Ya's and yep's....I can't tell you how happy this makes me!!!!



"nose good", "nose Yucky".... if something smells good or bad sometimes he says "nose" instead of smells!!!! it is very funny!


4 comments:

Jeana said...

Fantastic Joni! Enjoy the Christmas music and don't worry about what anyone else might say. It's what makes you happy that counts! love bean

MandaMommy said...

Joni, I think you and I are on the same page about Christmas... We'll have to get together and listen to Christmas music and makes treats and crafts or something!

Amanda

Scott & Jennifer said...

Joni- I'm glad to hear that you're feeling good about school...hang in there!
I'm wondering what you consider..."unbearably FREEZING". I'm down with you listening to Christmas music, I'm just curious to know what it's like to FREEZE in California...oh by the way, it started to Snow today here in Northern Utah...it was sticking to cars & the mountain tops are...well, I can't see them right now because the dark cold clouds are blanketing them, but earlier when there was a clearing...there was a bunch of snow, I'm wondering what it will look like when the clouds clear?

Love ya sweet thing!!!

Williams Fam said...

That's awesome-I love Christmas! I can't wait either, but for now, I need to get going on putting Halloween decorations! BTW, Eliza looks so big!! She's growing up already!