Tuesday, November 27, 2007

an unexpected thanksgiving adventure....

A VERY FUN THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

now doesn't that look DELICIOUS!!!!




The one and only SWEET POTATO recipe... "grandma J style"

Apple cranberry pie! Thanks to Enrich-a-Dish....


yep....it was really yummy!


Aar thought it was FANTASTIC as well :O)

All bundled up because it was SOOOOO COLD!!!! Thanks deb for supplying us with warm gear :O)



Cousin Tyler feeding eliza...very cute eh?


Eliza and her second cousin Alex....whom might I add is just a DOLL!!!


Eliza gearing up for her very first SOLID food....plain homemade sweet potatoes!!! YUM!


FIRST BITE!!!! It didn't go as well as I would have liked...but she'll get the hang of it! :O)

hello hello...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to everybody!!!!!

We had a really really terrific Thanksgiving this year... And I guess I will just start from the beginning!

So...Aaron and I had been planning on having Thanksgiving Dinner with some dear friends of ours here in town. We even planned the menu and everything!!!! (ps... thanks brooke for understanding the situation :O)

However, Aaron had a feeling that he needed to call his mom on sunday afternoon to just see how she was doing....after that phone call, he learned that his mother was unexpectedly flying to Utah for Thanksgiving with aaron's brother's family....kind of a big deal...:o)
To which Aaron also had the "feeling" that we should travel out to Utah to see everybody.
This was decided as a for sure thing on Monday evening, and we left the next morning (tuesday) at 4 am!!!!

We rented a car and were on our way...(we don't have the best car for traveling LONG DISTANCES!!!! :O)

I was really nervous about the long trip, but oliver and eliza did terrific....I'd be lying if I said it was absolutely FANTASTIC....but it was much better than I could have ever imagined...they were very patient.

I don't want to make this too long...I just want to say that we really enjoyed our trip. Planning and Making Thanksgiving dinner with his family was really so much fun... and very memorable.


We all worked together to get everything cooked, and it was just really really fun. I was over the SWEET POTATOES!!!! Now.... It is my mom's recipe, and I WILLL NOT eat them any other way...I was very happy and astonished that they turned out as good as they did!...It's just fun to know that you can make something and have it taste just the way your "mom's" recipe does...thanks mom!
I called her 4 times I think just to make sure I had all of the info....so yes, thanks for letting me bother you several times mom...it meant a lot to me :O)

Anyway, we spent time with his family for most of the trip, and then saw my family the saturday before we came home. Thanks Jen for letting us crash at your house....it was fun to see you!

Lots of love to everybody...and we hope you enjoy the holiday season!

sly
joni ann

2 comments:

Scott & Jennifer said...

Hey joni-it was great seeing you, thanks for stopping in. The pictures are great, my favorite one would have to be Eliza STRAPPED into the chair! I'll remember that one!

:-)

SLY

Ashley said...

Hey joni! Its great to hear that you had a wonderful thanksgiving!! I'm glad your trip went well. Traveling with two little kids can't be too easy! It is fun to inform you... that i've updated my blog! I can't wait to see you for next month!
love ya