Thursday, March 20, 2008

just a little FYI...

Hello,

Well...it's been a while since my last post, so here we are!

Life has been really busy lately~ as always of course...but it has been busy in a "new" way :O) And that is a little exciting for me.

For those who may not know, dancing was pretty much everything to me from 5yrs-19yrs old. I preformed a ton, I competed a ton... and if I remember correctly, that is all I did :O).
When I got married and moved away, I felt as though dancing would never again be a very big part of my life...not because marriage did that to me or anything....I just felt like I needed to "move on" or something.
I started going to school and doing pre reqs. for nursing and that is pretty much all I did.

To say the least...there was a very large void in my life, and I did not know exactly what to do about it.
Dance classes are expensive, therefore I didn't feel I could do that. To make a long story short (I know I know...I make a short story WAYYYYY too long)
I began teaching at a Dance Academy that is right down the street from where we live (I've been there on and off now for about 2 years). However, I didn't realize that I could take classes for free there until just now.... so it is perfect. I get to do a little teaching, but also get to have a little dance rejuvenation for myself....PS. it's a lyrical jazz class that I am taking and I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Another thing that has been keeping me busy is a dance fitness class that our ward started doing. We meet on Monday and Wednesday mornings, and I get to teach dance to some of the women in our ward (also some women from another ward come as well)....Oh my goodness...this is very fun for me. I love teaching adults. Children are fun, but...for some reason I just prefer adults.
We started Last week, and it has just been a really great outlet for me. I hope it continues and is successful, because I really really enjoy it. We did Arabic Belly Dancing Last week, and this week we did salsa. It's mainly to get exercise in a more interesting way than just going to the gym or going running in the mornings. The women seem to enjoy it....so that is all I could hope for!

Anyway...I just thought I would give a little info. on what I am doing these days :O)

Ps...I did not get into nursing school this last month. The lottery was on march 4th. I don't talk about it much because I'm really bothered by the whole thing. I'm ok....I just would like to move on with this part of my life, and it's really frustrating to keep hitting a stop sign.

Aaron is having great success in his research. He just now gave a presentation at NASA AMES, and from what I hear it was very successful. It was an hour long presentation (poor guy...he's probably never spoken for a whole hour in his entire life :O)...he feels like it went well though, so that is good! A prospective future employer (if that is what you would call him) was able to listen in, so hopefully he thought aaron did well....we'll see!

Oliver and eliza are doing great. I think I'll just do a whole new post just for them. Man they're cute!

SLY...
joni ann

2 comments:

MandaMommy said...

I enjoy it! Isn't that all that matters? j/k But really, it takes my life up to a whole new level happy-wise. Thanks for teaching the class!!

Sarah Jimenez said...

You have always been such a talented, great dancer. I am glad that you have been able to continue on with it and share your talents with others.