Thursday, April 17, 2008

alright already...

A whole BUNDLE of FABULOUS pictures :O)
these pictures are in a bit of a random order, ranging from:
Easter, just at home shots, and our Lake Tahoe Adventure!!!!!!!
ENJOY!
The BIG chair!!!!!
Oliver loved this chair...he actually more so loved the statue you can see on the left hand side....I'm sad we didn't get any pictures of that. Oliver really thought that was cool!

Eliza is just getting SOOOOO Daring and adventurous!!! I love it so much!


A cute little mug of me and eliza...you can also see beautiful Lake Tahoe in the background!

just a pretty little smile!

Oliver just cheesing it for me....thanks oliver!

A cute family mug....
Can you believe my arm was long enough to get us all in there....
yes, I was quite amazed:O)

just another cute pic of eliza!
She was SOOOOOOOO tired!

Oliver and Eliza sledding on crispy/dirty snow! It wasn't the prettiest snow...but it sure made for FAST sledding!

My most favorite meal of our WHOLE trip!!!! These were Garlic Bread Cheese Chips!!! Oh man, this was seriously a delectable treat. The kids loved it, we loved it....It was perfect!

Messy little eliza...but such a pretty face :O)

Me and the kidlets sledding!!!!! It was SOOOO hot. The only thing that was cold was the snow. We could have been in shorts and tank tops.....I'm serious! The whole weekend was so NICE AND WARM!!!!

Hanging out at the Condo.....this was so funnn! I love these kids so much!!!!!!

I think oliver forgot how to suck out of a straw....therefore, I guess his nose was a perfect spot to stick it! hmmmmmm????


Two little cuties in the Great Big Chair!

Daddy and oliver going DOWN!!!!!

A-HA! She says!

Daddy loves his little girl so much!


Another daddy-daughter moment....CUTE!

Daddy taking oliver up the really big hill!!!!!

WHAT A DELICIOUS BREAKFAST!!!!! ... And darling little boy!

We made a bunch of granola before we left so we could have good breakfasts while we were away! We added some fresh strawberries...and this is what it looked like! Doestn't that look delicous?

If you can tell...this is what is happening in the picture: Oliver is slouched over on top of Eliza, SLEEPING (that is his big blue helmet)....and that is eliza squished up against the side of the bike trailer....pretty funny eh? I felt really bad for eliza. She was crying at first, but she just gave in and went to sleep too!

Eliza's Darling little wave! SHE IS SOOOO CUTE!

Oliver coloring Easter eggs!

Eliza holding her precious purple egg!


Oliver on the bus getting shuttled up to where there was a big Easter Egg Hunt!!!!

FUNNNNN!!!!!

ok folks,

I really dread blogging sometimes. Not because I don't like it (I don't think it's that anyway...:O). I dread it because I write WAY TOO MUCH, and make short stories into novels... can you see how this would cause a person a little weariness about posting a new post :O)

Anyway..... A lot has happened, if you can imagine. So let's get started!

The main story for this post is that we went on a semi-unexpected family vacation! Aaron tutors a boy whose family owns a time share for a condo at Lake Tahoe, Squaw Valley USA. They offered us a free stay there last year, but due to lack of a decent/safe car we decided to pass. This year however, they asked if we were interested and we were TOTALLY DOWN! So this last weekend we spent Friday and Saturday night in a beautiful condo, right in the village of Squaw Valley USA. It was really an amazing experience.

Skiing is a VERY UNKNOWN hobby/sport to me....I've never really gone ( that cross country skiing outing doesn't count Debbie...you know I wasn't in my right mind :O)
I truly feel like we discovered a whole new world, a whole new dress status-quo (which we definitely Were NOT a part of and did not really fit in :O). It was the craziest thing I have seen in a very long time. I longed to be a part of that "world" because everybody looked so relaxed and like they were just enjoying a long day of skiing and snow boarding and looking really cool while they were doing it.
In the evening after the ski lifts stopped, people just crammed into the village eating, laughing, warming up by the fire in the center of the village, and it was really fun to watch them.

Anyway, we got there on Friday afternoon and after much searching we finally found our destination. The kids were majorly riled up because the car ride was a LOT longer than we had anticipated. Thus, we were thrilled to finally get to our room and unwind. The first thing we did was get ready for dinner out in the village. We NEVER EVER EVER take our children out to eat. We took Oliver out to eat once when he was a little over 1 year old...and we've never done it since. If we are spending money on a nice meal, it needs to be a relaxing experience, therefore....we'll wait until they are older.
However, they did a GREAT job in the Restaurant. They both had high chairs and they ate really well....I love it when we do things Oliver really loves. Watching him light up inside is one of the best things in the world for me...I love it, and it makes me soo soo happy to see him so happy.
We went to a pizza/pasta place and loved ever BITE of it!
After dinner we did another thing that OLIVER ABSOLUTELY LOVES.....we watched the SNOW PLOW'S even out the ski area....oh man, oliver was in big machine HEAVEN! It was so cool for him and he couldn't get enough. He even got to see the snow-mobiles going hither and thither on the hills, and that was very cool too.

The next day we went to a children's play zone where oliver got to play with some pretty cool things. He wasn't super impressed, but it was still fun. After the kids' naps, we went on another REALLLLY FUN adventure! We took Oliver and eliza Sledding!
Did oliver just love it???? ummmmmm....actually, NO!!!!! He's a little "sensitive" when it comes to being cold, and therefore it wasn't his most favorite activity. Aaron and I really loved it though. I could have stayed there for hours just sledding down and running up the hill.....it was a riot. Eliza seemed to like it better than oliver, so that was fun. The bunny hill was closed for skiing, so that is where people/us went sledding.

Since that wasn't much of a hit with oliver, we decided to try and take him swimming...in the hot tub. He and Eliza both liked that, so we were happy to end the day of fun on a good note. That night we again went out to eat (we brought breakfast and lunches...but decided to go out for dinners...FUNNNNNN!!!!!) and nothing else looked too great, so we ate at the same place as the previous night.

On Sunday morning we drove to/through Tahoe City and went to church. This was not a great experience. Oliver was really ready to go home by this point....so it was very very tricky and we left right after sacrament.
On our way back to the condo we stopped at LAKE TAHOE!!!!! It was SO GORGEOUS!!!! Oh my goodness, I wish we could have stayed there all day, taking in the beauty of it all. It was peaceful, quiet, and just so amazing.
The kids were getting awfully restless so we had to get going. We ate lunch back at where we were staying and then headed home......

it was a great trip. I loved hanging out with oliver in the morning, eating breakfast and watching the ski lifts go up and the skiiers come down. He loved it and I did too. The Condo was much more spacious than our tiny apartment so you can imagine that oliver and eliza were just elated with all of the SPACE! Oliver loved it, and I am so happy that he had a good time. It was still stressful because vacationing with children just seems to be that way....but it was really really fun.
We feel so grateful that this family let us use their time share, allowing us to have a family get-away. We've NEVER done something just as a family like this....and I'm really glad we did it. I love being with my family and I love when oliver and eliza love it too.

Oliver kept asking "where's Tahoe"...and we tried to explain to him that we were there and that this was it....but he just kept asking. It was so funny. I love oliver so much. He says the funniest things, and makes me laugh so much. At the dinner table he's a riot. He talks about the day in this funny voice...picture those kids in high school who would half shut their eyes and say "yaa" in a raspy voice, lifting their chins in the air..... that is what he does and it's very hilarious. We have no idea where he got this from, but it is sooo funny.
He is also calling grandpa jon and grandma j....oh and let's not forget "zeroni" ALLLL of the time on the phone. When we were at Lake Tahoe, I overheard him on one of the phones saying "oh hi grandpa jon and grandma j and zeroni, I need a nap!" He had been acting up and he must have known he was in need of a nap. It was so funny ps...zeroni is a "weird" character off of the movie "holes", which oliver likes to watch sometimes. I say "weird" because this is a word that oliver uses probably 50 times a day. Everything is "weird" to him. We're not sure how this all came about, but it started a long time ago and it is still going as strong as ever!

He is such a crack up!

Eliza is really cruising these days. She crawls LIGHTNING FAST and pulls up onto everything in sight. Her and oliver's favorite thing to do is take off EVERY cushion from the couch and crawl all over them, climb all over them, jump on them, roll off of them, and jump on the couch without them....it's very funny. It's fun, because this seems to be their first real game. They both love it, and they both laugh and laugh at the other one when they do something funny....it is so fun. I love them so much.
we think eliza says: tree, truck and da da. They do not sound like those things, but she does try to say them and it's very cute.
I hope she walks soon. I just can't wait for her and oliver to REALLLLLY run around together and play. It's going to be so much fun, even though I KNOW their will be a lot more arguing/fighting/pestering when it happens as well...oh well, such is life :O)

Well, I think that just might be it for now!

Good night to all, and to all a good night!!!!

sly,
me
ps...if you read this and there are no pictures...I'lll add them soon!

7 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Joni, what a great weekend! That is so awesome that you guys were able to get away as a family. Tahoe is so gorgeous! I can't wait to see your pictures.

Scott & Jennifer said...

How fun!!! I'm glad you were able to get away!

Your children are soo fabulous! I miss all of you & I'm excited to come out and visit this summer.

SLY

Scott & Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away for the weekend!

Your children are fabulous! I miss all of you and I'm excited to come out and visit this summer!

sly

Mikkel said...

First off, did you know that your Oliver is going to be a little heart breaker. Ouch! And I LOVE love love Lake Tahoe. If I were rich I would buy a second home there. Glad you got to see it and have a fun weekend. You mention that traveling with two was stressfull, but the whole time I was reading your post I was thinking, "wow, she seems to be handling two really great. I wonder how she does it!?"

Ashley Jackson said...

Hi Joni I love all the pictures of you darling kids they are just so cute!! You are so lucky and you are such a cute little mom it's so fun to see the pictures and hear about your fun life:)

Jeana said...

HOW FUN!!! I'm so glad you got out and enjoyed a family vacation. Your pictures and stories were very enjoyable. sly

Chelsea said...

I cant believe how beautiful your little kids are! What a great family you have! I hope you are all so good It looks like it!! Do you mind if I add your link?