Sunday, September 30, 2007

Moonlight Run!!!!!!

MOONLIGHT RUN 10K:

So my really good friend Brooke is not only a good friend, but the BEST RUNNING partner in the world!!!!!! We've ran A LOT together since about March of 2006. We pretty much run the Dish (which is about 5 1/2 miles....including mostly torturous hills) whenever we go together. However, we finally decided to actually run a RACE together (Brooke's wonderful idea!)

The race isn't titled "MOONLIGHT RUN" for nothing! The race began at 8:15PM on Friday NIGHT!!!! It was honestly one of the FUNNEST, most ADVENTUROUS things I have embarked upon in a very long time....for like one second we both felt single and without children :O)

I rarely am out late at night because the kids go down at 7 (which I TOTALLY LOVE), but I just am not out on the TOWN much...so it was so FUN to see so many people, and so LATE at night! I feel bad because brooke may think I didn't enjoy it as much as I did (unfortunately I was really sick in an embarrassing way)....but I hope you know Brooke, I TOTALLY LOVED it and will look back on that occasion with very fond memories...If I do it again you better be there with me....she bull-dozed through the crowd and got us TONS of free stuff, free food...and even made sure that we got shirts that were a decent size....it was very funny to watch her get the goods!

It was a beautiful evening! Everybody was afraid that the moon wasn't going to show herself...but about 1 mile into the run, she came through FULL as FULL..and helped us on our way. However, if I do it again, I will definitely take a flashlight, or a head-light!!! I will also make sure my tummy is in better condition to handle the AWFUL stench that is pretty much smelt throughout the WHOLE RUN!!!!!...though it was really disgusting, it is another funny memory that will be with me forever!

I love you Brooke!








2 comments:

brooke said...

I love you too Joni! We did great!! Next year, we'll do even better. I am so glad we finally ran a race together after all of our runs together. Moonlight Run goes down in the books as one of the most fun memories with Joni :) I am lucky to have such a great friend (and running partner).

Williams Fam said...

That's awesome! You two are rock star mamas!!!