Sunday, September 30, 2007

More than just a WEEK at a GLANCE!!!!

Ok folks....
I think this was one of the weirdest, busiest, funnest weeks I have had in a very Very VERY long time.


I started school on monday, as I wrote about on Tuesday......it did start out normal. However, Wednesday was when all craziness broke loose, and I guess I will start from there....excluding many details (sorry).


Ok~


WEDNESDAY Sept. 26th 2007:

unfortunately this was not a good day. This was not a good day at all. I went to school just like any regular day...only to find that a few minutes into my class a situation involving a kid in my class caused our whole school campus to be put on Lock Down. Everybody was fine, but none the less it caused me to reflect on my life as a whole...and obviously made me rethink whether or not I will continue this class.
I'm on pins and needles because I was so excited about this class. It is such great stepping stone in the direction I am heading as far as occupation goes...and I just don't want to give that up.
However...I have 2 beautiful children and a wonderful husband, and that is the most important thing to me.
I just pray that I will be able to feel of Heavenly Father's Guidance in this question, because I cannot figure all of this out on my own.


Thursday....The big Turn around!!!!

Thank Heaven for Thursday! As I woke up thursday morning I didn't want to get out of bed, let alone leave the house. I didn't want Aaron to go ANYWHERE and I just had a strong feeling that we needed to spend the day together as a Family.
I begged aar to stay home from work, and he did.
I still didn't want anybody to go anywhere, I just wanted us to be all together in our little home. Aaron however had a different idea. He thought it would be fun to get out and do a little exploring...and that is just what we did.
He biked to the Baylands, and we followed a few minutes later in the car, and we all met at our final destination, with a picnic in hand.
All I can say is the STENCH was strong, but OLIVER LOVED LOVED LOVED this place! I haven't seen him this excited in a VERY VERY long time.
There was a dock that we ate lunch on, and he just was running in circles the whole time. And do you know what I love? I love that he LOVES to make aaron and I LAUGH!!!! He does a variety of "silly" walks because he knows we will laugh our hearts out....he does this when he is so excited he can hardly stand it. I will try to get his funny walks on film one day so you can all see why it is so darn funny!
We had such a great time at the Baylands, and after our picnic we went for a walk and took in the beautiful scenery including THOUSANDS of cool birds and cool small airplanes flying over head....what more for oliver to love!
The day continued to be wonderful as it was a Barbecue for Aaron's Department at school. We all walked to campus and visited with a bunch of old and new friends...I look forward to this event every year...it is just fun to mingle with aaron's brainy friends!!!! Plus, many of them love to hang out with oliver, so that is really fun to see!
The day only got better as 7pm hit; we had a fun time putting the kids down...and then OF COURSE couldn't wait for the premiere of OFFICE to begin at 9!!!!
This ended our evening, and just finished the day off perfectly! GO PAM AND JIM!




Friday...sugar cookies and "The MOONLIGHT RUN":

Friday was another very good day. It was pretty cold and rainy so oliver, me and eliza started out just chillin inside. We played a lot of fun games, and Oliver was really behaving nicely for his mom!
The afternoon consisted of a walk to the library to return some movies...and then after that is when the REAL fun began!!!!
We got home just in time for aaron to return home from work....
We chose Friday to be our "sweet night" so we thought it would be fun to let oliver use his cookie cutter skills on REAL cookie dough (he usually just uses them on play-doh)...so we made SCRUMPTIOUS sugar cookies and let oliver help as much as possible. He helped roll them, cut out shapes, chose the color of the frosting (blue) and helped frost them...it was funny because after a while of cutting the shapes out, he lost patience in that and insisted on putting the "scraps" on the pan...so we let him do what he wanted, and those were the ones that he would be able to frost and eat!!!!
It was very fun, and of course VERY MESSY!!!!









And though this was GREAT fun....there was even MORE fun to be had...










1 comments:

MandaMommy said...

Joni!!! We totally need to catch up. Having a baby is almost like moving away. Good thing you have a blog!