Thursday, November 15, 2007

the latest...

OUR CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!!!
baby jogger switchback hybrid trailer/jogger....
COOOOL!
Aaron took oliver for a stroll!!!! oliver wanted to go again and again...
HE LOVED IT!!!!
Isn't this PRETTTY!!!!

It's only a good purchase if the kids like it too....and they DOOO!!!!

don't they look so cozy in there????


Yes...as you can see I AM ABSOLUTELY thrilled about this new addition. We use this type of thing all of the time, so it was well worth it to get a good one...I really am just so happy. We've been borrowing our friends for a few weeks now, and I am just so glad to be able to rely on my own self, and be able to go WHENEVER I WANT!!!! I am soo excited!


Hey everyone...

I feel like it has been a while since the last post...so here we are!

There's Nothing too exciting on our end to report, but just a few tad bits of info. for you:

1. Nursing lottery was a NO GO for me! Most of you know what I am talking about...but for those who don't, here's a brief synopsis of an aggravating system:

When we moved here in 2004 I began prerequisites to get into the RN program. Due to things not transferring, and just all sorts of other stuff I had to pretty much start from scratch. FINALLY in Fall of 2006 I finished all of my prerequisites and was able to add my name into a lottery system. How it works at the particular school that I am trying to get into is this: Everybody who has met the qualifications to get into the program gets a ticket which goes into a lottery 3 times a year. For however many times you attend the lottery, you get an extra ticket...eg: This time around was my 3rd lottery...so I had 3 tickets in the drawing...and this just continues until you get in...or until you give up and say WHATEVER!

Anyway..I have been waiting for over a year now to get in, and I still have not been drawn out. The last lottery was held on tuesday. Over 400 people were in attendance. Thus, not only were there 400 tickets...there were 400 PLUS however many one person had accumulated over the years....ridiculous eh? (a lady behind me had 6!!!!)
Out of that ridiculous amount....they chose 20 students. 20....can you believe that?
I am definitely in the grieving process right now, and I'm not sure if I'm in the denial stage...or the ANGER stage...Hm?


Anyway, I'm tired of waiting, and just want to become a nurse so badly. Luckily I have my EMT class to fall back on to. I will not spend my life as an EMT, but it is definitely a great way to learn how to help people....and that is just what I want to do.





2. our Christmas present ARRIVED!

On the day of the lottery I was very unhappy and felt very discouraged...but to my surprise, our long awaited Christmas present had arrived, and we could go pick it up....

what is it? what is it? you ask....well I will tell you!

it is the Baby jogger switchback hybrid trailer/jogger!!!!!! This thing is VERRRRRY cool! It is, as its name states: a double baby jogger that can be converted to a bike trailer! It is so perfect. We just barely got it and have used it a ton already! Aaron has taken oliver for a spin in the trailer a couple of times, and I have taken the kids for a couple of runs! I just love it, and I am sooo happy with our choice! We were choosing between one other brand...and just felt the best about "baby jogger"....We are very happy with their single jogger and have used it thousands of times. Thus we thought we'd give the switchback a chance... it is brand new, they've only just recently come out with a jogger/trailer.....so it was a bit of a gamble that it'll be good, there are like 4 total reviews so far....BUT...we have faith in their products, and now we will just keep using it, and loving it everyday!!!!



3. THAT's ALL!!!!

oliver and eliza are doing great...and so is aaron!! We've been called as Sunbeam teachers and we ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!

sly
joni ann

6 comments:

mommaRx said...

I am cracking up that you already got your "christmas present!" But I totally understand because it's something that was essential for your survival! We have a single baby jogger and love it as well. I don't get to use it as much as I would like since A: school is my second life! and B: It is really freezing here in the mornings, but hopefully someday I will be able to use it more. I'm sure yours will turn out perfect. I am so impressed that you are such a dedicated runner (just like your dad!- I remember the marathons, 10K, etc..) The kids are adorable as always. I love to see new pictures and read what's going on in your life. I'm sorry to hear about nursing school. I bet that is so frusterating. I guess my prayers didn't pan out on that one! JK- it all works out in the end, right!?

MandaMommy said...

Man, that is such a sexy stroller!

Williams Fam said...

That jogger is so awesome!! I'm going to have to look into that when we have two!! Such a good idea!
That lottery thing for nursing totally stinks!! That is crazy how they go about that! I had no idea it was that way! That must be so frustrating. DOn't give up though!! YOu've worked so hard, and it will pay off!!
Oh, and thanks so much for the napping advice!!! It's so nice to hear different points of view!!

mommaRx said...

Thanks for the post. I can definitely tell you how to make the clips- it is super easy. The hardest part is finding the plain silver flat clips (we buy them in lots of 100 off ebay- because we make a ton to sell at my parents store). Send me your email and I will give you step by step instructions. Will you guys be in Kanab over Thanksgiving or Christmas!? I hope you will be so that we could get together. That would be so so fun. My email is katy.stirland@utah.edu

Jon and Janice said...

I'm glad to see that cute little smile on your face. Keep up the hard work, mom

Jeana said...

I love the jogger/trailer! That is so awesome. It's perfect for your family. We are looking into a double jogger/trailer for our family. Thanks for the pictures and updates...love ya!