Sunday, November 4, 2007

i love my family...

A WHOLE BUNDLE OF PICTURES!!!!!!

one of oliver's favorite things to do is carry the skateboard up this hill...and ride it down on his tummy....he'll do this again and again and again!
boys will be boys :O)

definitely his father's son!

eliza LOVES this cool little "BUMBO" seat!!! Thanks to Brittney and Fam for letting her borrow it!


Oliver LOVES anything with wheels! He plays on the playground and goes from one mode of transportation to another...functional or not! :O) some of the toys are not in the best of shape :O)

The neighbor girls came to visit!

They like any project...blocks, coloring, feeding eliza etc...they are very VERY CUTE!

Just a cute one of our little aaron!



Oliver is becoming very skilled in his tower building skills! I am very proud of him, he loves it so much, and works so hard to get them so HIGH!...he is very strategic about it!

Poor OLIVER....we went running one morning with my friend brooke and her daughter McKenzie. I had NOOOO idea how cold it was going to be and did not dress oliver appropriately at ALLL! To keep him warm I had to put him in her little hat...added with a baby blue sweatshirt...I hope he won't mind later. :O)

Eliza on a Sunday afternoon...I wish that's how I looked after church :O)

Auntie Ashley came to visit, and the kids really loved her....oliver is still asking about "ASHA"....isn't that a cute little name for Ashley!

Mama and Oliver! Of course all he wants to do is go out to play!!!!

Oliver pushing another wheeled object on the playground!

oliver and eliza PROPERLY bundled up for a chilly little run!

us....WE ALL MADE IT HOME!...and the kids LOVED IT!!!! Oliver's favorite things to spot are: "egg-corns", workers, "big cranes", squirrels, water, a man running, a women running...and so on :O)

Isn't she pretty!

I could squish those cute little cheeks alll the live long day!!!!

A few of his favorite things !!!!!

well...I've been wanting to write a more "thought" oriented post for a while now....but quite frankly, I've just not been in the mood.

However...tonight feels really good to me, so I am going to go with it, and write a few thoughts and of course send a ton of pictures.

Life is really good right now...in most aspects :O) I am really loving where we live right now, I feel so blessed to be in such a wonderful area.
For those of you who do not know, my family lives in campus housing. We are included in and surrounded by a circular structure of family apartments....in the middle of this so called "circular structure"....aka a courtyard...there is a playground.
Tons of kids live within this courtyard and it is just the perfect place for little children to play. Not only is there one courtyard of the housing like ours....there are possibly 10 or so, I don't really know, but there are a lot within less than a mile radius....it really is heaven sent!Sometimes it gets a little "squishy", but for the most part it is so perfect. We have some neighbor kids that just open our gate and come over to play...oliver loves it, and is always telling them to "come in"... "come in"...he makes our home a very welcoming atmosphere....He is such a good kid.

It is beautiful here also. I am able to go running nearly everyday, and even the coolest weather isn't bad...it's actually really great. The best part about running is being able to take oliver and eliza with me. Some people find running to be there "alone" time...for me though, I LOVE having oliver and eliza with me. They both love it...and oliver loves to talk and ask about everything he see's, and that is so fun for me. Plus it is a better work out than just going by myself....so all around, it's perfect...don't get me wrong though, alone time is NECESSSARY, but I just prefer it in different ways.

Another thing that I have been reflecting on is how much I LOVE my husband...I love him for more reasons than I could ever explain, but the one thing that has made me so happy lately is how much fun we have COOKING together.
Most of you know that Aaron is an AMAZING cook. Family meals are important to him, and I have likewise jumped on this band wagon, and it's become such a FUN family/spouse tradition. Those of you who have visited, or who have been a part of Aaron's cooking in any way know that I'm not kidding when I rant and rave about it. It isn't that he is "just a good cook", it's that he and I both have such a good time doing it together....it's something that I truly cherish, and will always be so grateful for.

Moving on to Oliver and Eliza....man, I don't even know where to begin. They truly are Angels on Earth, and we have been so blessed to have them as our own.
Oliver is a beautiful little boy, and really is very nice...he's not perfect, but he really treats other children very well (including his little sister). He seems very Aware of other people's feelings, and I think that is such a good quality to have.
Eliza is just growing and doing so well. She's pretty small for her age, but it's funny because she has SO MUCH HAIR that people just don't know what to think...they first off think she is older than (5 months on Nov. 14th), due to the massive amount of hair that is on her cute little head, but then they see how small she is, and soon they become very confused.....it's funny to see this played out in real life :O)

Anyway....that is probably all I should write for now.

A good night to all, and to all a GOOOD NIGHT!!!!

ps....I CANT WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS :O)

sly

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute Cute Cute!!! You really do have a great family! It was sooo good to be out there! Thanks so much for letting me visit!! I love the pictures of the kids... minus the one that I look so lovely in! :O) haha. I really love you guys! Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality... and WONDERFUL meals!

brooke said...

cute post joni! I love all the pictures. They are so great!!! I am lucky to have you as a friend. I love you and your family a lot. and yay for running year round!

Jeana said...

Hey JoniBaloni, I love the cute pictures of you and your family. I too wish we all lived closer so that we could hangout more often. But, blogging sure has helped keep everyone in the loop of things. I'm SOOO HAPPY that you're just lovin' life. What a great feeling that is! Have a good one and I'll talk to you later. SLY, Bean!

mommaRx said...

The kids are adorable as ever. I love that Olivers colar is pulled up on his Polo- what a little cutie. I can't believe how old Eliza is starting to look. She is starting to lose the newborn look. She is way cute! I am glad that life is so great for you guys. I can't wait until Christmas either!

Jon Martin said...

Beijinhos,

What Great Photos, Amen on Aaron's cooking. Will be calling you soon.

Sly

Malinda S. said...

Hey Joni...it's Malinda Button now Sanders. I came across your blog through Katy's. Your family is so cute! Isn't it great being a mom!? Check out my blog at kyliesanders.blogspot.com

Williams Fam said...

I love all the pictures! Reading your post stirred up some of my own feelings of grattitude for family. We really are blessed, huH?! We are so lucky to be mommies and have amazing hubbies too. Thanks for your thoughts= )
P.S.
Oh, and your hair looked beautiful on Sunday!( as always-but it was so cute straightened!)

Kassi said...

Joni this is Kassi Leavitt (Glover) I think you have the cutest little family. I found your page yesterday and then I had a dream about you it was funny. Anyway you look great and your family is the cutest!