Monday, February 18, 2008

A very fun Valentine's Day...

Our Valentine's Day pictures....
all out of order! (I can never seem to figure it out :O)
enjoy...

aaron's delectable cookies!!! This was from the girls to the boys...and they were delicious! A not too sweet sugar type cookie...dunked in dark chocolate!...
YUM!
Aaron and I's DATE to none other than the CHEESE CAKE FACTORY!!!!
Oliver's Lunch treat!
this is when the rose lost it's petals....
This is oliver offering the rose in the first place :O)
And this is the "distant" kiss he received in return....
aren't they DARLING!!!!
our family at the Valentine's Day party!


well...


Better late than never right?


We really had a great Valentine's Day this year. It was the best Valentine's Day I have had since 2004(aaron and I decided we were pretty much "official" on the 14th, in 2004. We were very far apart in distance, but we realized we wanted to be together forever...well, it was kind of realized at that point...but there were still some rocky points to come :O) anyway!


This year's Valentine's Day was perfect!


It started out on the EVE of Valentine's Day. Aaron and I decided to go to our one and only ABSOLUTE FAVORITE place to eat....The Cheesecake Factory! Call us lame and boring if you'd like, but we pretty much never stray from this place. We even tried this time...but we both just craved it, so we had to go :O)

It was a beautiful evening of just he and I being together...perfect.


The next morning I decided I wanted to become more like my mother; On holiday's, we really celebrated them well. My mom and dad always did nice things for us sister's, and it was always such a fun treat.

So, I decided to make PINK, Heart-shaped waffles, with PINK milk! Oliver loved it, and it was fun to spice up our morning.

For lunch I used cookie cutters and made heart-shaped sandwiches for oliver (peanut butter and honey is his favorite :O)...with of course...more pink milk!

It was so fun. And it was fun because I really decided I didn't want to make the day all about being "let down" which sometimes I tend to do because I think aaron should be the one doing all of the thoughtful "love stuff"...anyway...I took matters into my own hands and it was fun for me.


That evening we went to our Courtyard Party! They had Chinese food, and tons of Great dessert! All of the women even got roses, and that was quite the treat :O) We let oliver give his friend a rose...to which she obligingly took it...to which she then began hitting the rose quite hard onto the wooden surface below...to which all of the beautiful petals went EVERYWHERE...thus oliver and her both just laughed and laughed soooooooooooooo hard!

Anyway....my how age changes us....


Some friends and I got together and made cookies for our husband's the day before, and that too was a fun thing to surprise aaron with! ...they were so good, and they LOOOKED stunning as well!


ok...so that is our Valentine's Day in a nut shell. I will send some fun pics!!!!!


Good day to you all!


cheers,

joni ann

4 comments:

Jeana said...

Thanks for the fun post. I'm so glad that Valentine's Day was so fun for you and your family. I love the pink milk idea. I'll have to get more creative the next holiday. Fun pictures. Your cookies look too cute to eat! How fun...sly, bean!

Ashley Jackson said...

Hey Joni you are such a cute mom I love all the pictures and the stories. I hope someday I can be such a fun mom like you:) And have such cute kids too!:)

P.S. This is Ashley (Brown) Jackson I finally got a google account so I can leave comments:)

Ashley said...

I love the valentine pix! They are so fun. I gave my valentine a little something... but i'm not so sure how that went over... I don't think he loved it! :o) Hopefully he did!! I hope I'll have lots of valentine's day's with him to make it better! haha. Love you... and miss you lots! Talk to you soon

ash... williams

Amanda P. said...

Hi Joni! I found you on Katy's blog and totally stalked you down! You are such a cute mama! I love all the little things you do for your family. (who are adorable by the way) !!