Wednesday, October 1, 2008

In answer to her question....

I had a friend ask me yesterday if I was happy about my choice of telling people I was pregnant so early on. She wondered if I felt better about not waiting SOOO long to tell people....

In answer to her question,

No, I definitely would not tell people so soon...I will never do that again.

I just found out today that my pregnancy stopped somewhere around 7 weeks (they think I was probably about 11 weeks along as of today). I went in for a "dating" ultrasound because I really had no idea when my last menstrual period was....and the last one I remember was very unusual...so they decided to do an ultrasound and see how far along I really was.

In a nutshell, that is it. I am no longer pregnant. The sac is there, and I'm sick and craving things, but only because there is still a sac in there.

I really don't want to feel obligated to tell people that this has happened (I only feel like I have to because I realize now how fragile pregnancy is, and shouldn't have spoken so soon). So if you read this and you know somebody who knows, please let them know. The only reason I really even want people knowing is because I don't want to be asked an uncomfortable question 3-6 months down the road about my pregnancy. Which will obviously be fine, because I'm sure it's bound to happen.....but this way that might be minimal.

I'm ok. I really am, and I know things like this happen. It's hard and it's alarming, but I feel blessed for everything that has gone right. Everybody passes through trials and hardships and for me personally I can think of harder things to go through and know that those things happen to good people everyday. I count my blessings, and Thank Heavenly Father every day for the beautiful children that we do have...whom I love and adore.

Anyway, thanks ahead for spreading the word.

sly

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry this happened you -- there are really no words, but our prays will be with you.

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that. We'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry honey! We'll keep you in our prayers! :)

brittney said...

I'm here for you if you need anything...

Jeana said...

Joni, I think of you and your family often and I want you to know that I love you. I haven't been able to get a hold of you but I will keep trying! sly, bean

Angie said...

Hey Joni, this is Angie (used to be Hamblin). I occasionally check your blog out from Alexis and Clayton's. Just wanted to tell you I'm sorry that happened. I too miscarried between my two kids and it was hard, but you're right, the hardest part is having to tell people that ask you about the pregnancy. The next time I waited until I was in the second trimester! Seems like you have a good attitude about it, that's good. Keep smilin'!

Kandis Broadhead said...

Joni,
I am so sorry this has happened to you. I know that God works in ways that we can't even begin to imagine. Keep your head up!

. said...

Joni sorry about your miscarriage. That is so hard. Hope everything works out for the best :)

mommaRx said...

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I know that it must have been hard. I don't think you should be sad about telling people your news early. It is a very exciting thing and I know so many people who tell early (me being one of them!) It helps to have support if things go wrong. I hope you are feeling better. I love all the new pictures of the kids. You are doing incredible with your new camera. Happy Birthday Oliver :)