Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I am officially lonely...


may 8th, 2004
Mr. and Mrs.
(finally :O)


SO..
here's the deal,
Aaron's gone and I'm a little lonely....
so this was something to cheer me up a bit
and get me all excited to see him tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!


jan. 2003
we slept outside
IN YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
in the middle of January
um...we weren't really even dating
(thus no smoochin went on that night I promise :O)


engagement picture...

Yellowstone again :O)

May 2004
Alaska
We lived there over the summer after we just got married.
We lived in a house with a bunch of boys. It was like a dorm set up and really not the most exciting for a very newly wed couple.
It's very fun to look back on now :O)

Alaska
Sleeping on the beach at Fox Island
(that was fun :O)
too bad I was camera illiterate
(I shrunk ALL/most of our pictures on accident...now they all look like this :O(

Alaska
Talkeetna Lodge
Our little getaway from the "dorm"!!!!!
ok,

so I know I'm lame. Aar left yesterday morning for Florida....
yesterday was really good, today was really good too. But now I'm lonely. It's 10:31pm...and I'm lonely and bored.
When he goes out of town I stay up as late as I can until I can fall asleep...not sure why I do this. Maybe it's some weird defense mechanism (I need to keep watch over the children to make sure everybody is ok, if I fall asleep I feel so vulnerable.....does anybody else feel this way?)
I end up watching Jay Leno every time he goes out of town (which is maybe twice a year!)...anyway, I think it's funny that I always end up doing the same things.

Anyway, I feel sad.

Maybe I'll post pictures of he and I....maybe that will make me feel better.

When he is gone I realize how different we are. We really are so different.

He was the kid in school that on the first day of school when homework and major projects were assigned he had them allllll done in just a FEW days (tops).
I on the other hand was the polar opposite. I got projects and homework done...but I stayed up all night doing so.

Where does his motivation come from...? I really would like to know. Many people could benefit from this if we only knew his "secret" :O)

Because of this attribute of his.... I think he is the best husband/father a wife and children could ask for...maybe not for everybody, but for me it was a perfect match :O)....

He is never pressed for time when it comes to his "work". He always has things done and never frets that he may not be able to FINISH something. He may fret at how everything will turn out because yes he is a perfectionist....but never that he will not be able to finish something.

His time is prioritized to a science. If he does work at home, it's usually just because he is interested in all of the problem solving that it takes to accomplish whatever research project he is doing.
This makes it perfect for hanging out with the kids. Even though he has a lot on his plate, he manages to get everything done way in advanced so he can be with us.

He definitely has OCD about many things (this is no secret...he would be the first to tell you :O).

We were running the other day and I had to laugh because for some reason at that point in time it really hit me just how OCD he is.
He can't have "NOTHING" going on....something always needs to be figured out in his brain. When we are on vacation, or he has a break...the first thing he does (subconsciously of course) is figure out something to figure out and then perfect it!
Examples:
. buying the perfect car: He made so many charts and graphs I couldn't believe it. He needs to know everything about everything before he will make a decision...it's a game to him.
. Finances: If ever he is bored, you will definitely be able to find him researching about the best way to do finances. Our "budget" could be a template for some finance magazine I'm sure...he's been perfecting it since we got married, and he seems to always be finding ways to do things better. His system is calculated very carefully...and I think it is really impressive.
. BIKES: We really love the "free-energy" lifestyle idea. Aar started commuting to work in the summer of 2007. Ever since then he has biked to work nearly every time he has gone in. His bike has finally bit the dust...so over the last few months most of his free time has been dedicated to finding the perfect bike.
He found it (after I told him that he better take a leap of faith or else he may never end up with ANY bike at all :O). He/we chose the SURLY LONG HAUL TRUCKER! It's a sweet bike that is great for basically everything. It's a touring bike.
It should be coming sometime this week...so we are both very excited for him to get it! I was going to get one too....but Surly doesn't change much year to year...so we'll just wait on mine :O)

Aaron really is an amazing man. He loves our kids so much and I love watching him love them. He and oliver have always been reallllly close. Their minds think very much alike. Aaron loves eliza so much. Randomly throughout the day he will say out loud "she is just so pretty"..."don't you think she is just so pretty?"
He had a hard time saying good night to them the day before he left....he got up at 4 the next morning and was unable to tell them good bye. Anyway, it was really hard on him. He didn't want them to go to bed at all...he even decided to have a little ice cream party right as I was finally about ready to put them to bed.
He just didn't want to miss out on any time. It was really sweet.
He loves them so much.

This has kind of ended in an even more cheesy post than I intended.

Anyway, I think I am tired enough that I just might be able to go to bed....we'll see :O)

good night!
sly

7 comments:

. said...

Joni that was a cute post. Your husband sounds like one heck of a guy. I was laughing about your little comment how you stay up late when he is gone because if you fall asleep you feel vulnerable. I TOTALLY do this. I thought I was the only one. But I know how you feel... you don't want to fall asleep in case something happens. Your little kids are so darling. You guys are lucky that you make such cute kids. :)

Christi said...

I can totally tell that Aaron and Jared are brothers from the way you describe him. Making graphs and charts to make decisions, researching, finances. I think we got great catches!

Jeana said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR LAST SEVERAL POSTS. What fun pictures! Your pictures are so good and could be in a magazine. You are soooo talented!!! (pictures, wood dolls). I love you! bean

brooke said...

I'm glad they mentioned your blog at our meeting. I love the pictures. You guys really are perfect for each other. And I must say, you make some pretty cute kids.

maegan said...

hmmm, I'm lonely...I hear ya on the staying up late. Boz just left for Taiwan last night and like I always do, I camped out to stay up as late as possible. So no, you are most certainly not alone on that. After 8 nights though, I think sleep deprivation is going to set in. Maybe I'll have to pull Elyette in to bed with me or something :).

Cute post. I enjoyed it.

Renee said...

Oooh, the AIAA Conference? Britton knew exactly where Aaron was. Aaron sounds a lot like Britton. When we were in school together I could never figure out how he scheduled his time so well, and I always ended up doing things at the last minute and pulling all-nighters.

brittney said...

joni, that was totally sweet. I loved hearing about Aaron's quirks... they are pretty good "quirks" to have. :) I'm glad he's back safe.