Sunday, January 11, 2009

thanks grandma j and grandpa jon....

Oliver's Pride and Joy :O)
the following pictures are of the fire station oliver built for his very cool
NEW fire truck!!!!
He seriously loves it so much...and it is so heavy duty too!







Family Outing to Campus!!!!
We played in the fountains and went to the bell tower and post office!!!




Well (back to the fire truck story :O),

It was a lovely afternoon, and I was just getting ready to put oliver down for his nap. I heard a "thump" by our front door, so I went to check it out ( I had a feeling it was something fun! :O)

Anyway, I was right!

There was a nice little box, and it was addressed to Oliver!

I showed him the box and HE COULDN'T WAIT to open it. We finally got it open...and guess what was inside?????

A REALLY COOL WOODEN FIRE TRUCK!!!!!!


Oliver couldn't believe it!!! He was just so excited and kept saying he wanted to build a fire station so it could have a place to park!
It was really cute.
Anyway, I tried to then put him down for a nap....of course it wasn't working because he just couldn't think about anything but that fire truck.
I finally talked him into the nap....but as soon as he woke up that was the first thing out of his mouth.... he just wanted to build a fire station.....
So here are the pictures of the VERY COOOOOL fire station that we built!
Ever since the fire truck has arrived it has been "the beloved toy". I love seeing him be so imaginative with his fire truck. He puts a pig on the ladder and takes it for rides (but also tells it to be careful up there because it's dangerous :O). He just loves it. When he goes up to go potty, he takes it with him.
So, thanks grandma j and grandpa jon for the belated Christmas Present!!!! It has definitely been a favorite!
sly

5 comments:

Taylors said...

Oh I love how their little imaginations work! What a fun toy! Eliza's hair is getting so long!!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! :) I love when kids get a new toy and play with it for such a long time. Eliza looks so adorable! I love hearing how your family is doing!

Ashley Jackson said...

Oliver is such a cutie! We have been watching Mikkel's little boy Trajen for the past few days and it has been so fun! Little kids are so cute, I love the funny things they say and do, they're so sweet. Looks like you guys are doing really great!

Amanda P. said...

Now THAT is a good looking fire station. How fun!! I love the pictures you posted of you and your hubby. Very cute :)

Malinda S. said...

I ran into your sister the other day at Target. Her girls are darling! I am so jealous of Eliza's hair.