Wednesday, August 26, 2009

the beach...

So...
yesterday my friend got in touch with me (after much trial and error on her part :O)...sorry ash!
She told me that she was headed down to Santa Cruz before her and her sister and their husbands headed back home to Utah.
She invited me and the kids....so we decided to go!
It was really fun (mainly because the kids just really LOVE sand, water, waves, buckets, shovels...and so on:O)
It was also fun catching up with my dear friend!
(however, I'm not sure we'll ever meet up at "the boardwalk" in Santa Cruz ever again:O)
haha...
ANYWAY,
so here are the pics from our little Excursion.
And a big thanks to Mikkel for finding 75 cent hot dogs!
(parking cost an arm and a leg...so at least the kids got a CHEAP meal (and I'm just grateful that they haven't shown any signs of food poisoning:O)....haha, we're not sure about the food standards of the place we picked them up at.
Enjoy the pics.
These kids are so cute.










he's looking so "macho" to me....
or something :O)
me and miss ashley!!!!!








more macho-ness :O)







9 comments:

Jon and Janice said...

I am so glad that you have become a night owl. Even if it is for just a short time. Because you seem to do most of your posting in the late hours. The kids are cute and you and ash make quite the pair. I love the swim cover that you bought in Leavenworth, I was glad to see you wearing it. sly mom

Jeana said...

these are beautiful pictures of beautiful kids. Oliver is a "macho" man! You have become quite the photographer! Very nice.

Sarah Jimenez said...

I love the beach! Santa Cruz was always one of my favorites growing up. (We lived in Fairfield). It's probably been 15+ years since I've been there; so I imagine it's prob. changes tons. Your kids look cute as ever. I love Oliver's "macho" poses.
Very cute picture of you and Ashley!

Anonymous said...

I love all the posts! I was thinking of your family the other day and was wondering how you were all doing. :) Your kids are just beautiful! Love the new, short hair too!

Ashley Jackson said...

Hey Joni! So glad I got to see you one more time before we head back to Utah. All the pictures you took at the beach are really great, you are quite the photographer:) Your kids are just adorable and I hope to see you all again soon!! Love ya :)

Anne said...

Your photos are amazing, serious skills. Your family looks so cute, everyone is growing up too fast.

Jen said...

Hey Joni! I found your blog through Devin and Elle's... just thought I'd say hi! You have such an adorable family!!! Where are you living now?

Amanda P. said...

Those are some very good, very cute pictures!!! I couldn't pick a favorite, they are so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joni! Hope you and your family are enjoying the holidays!