Sunday, January 3, 2010

once upon a time...I ran a marathon

St. George Marathon - 2009



so....
here's to running marathons..."cheeers!"

ok,
now for a little TMI

Here is what I learned from running this marathon!...again, this might be TMI for you, so beware.

1. If you are not used to eating fast food or random food from a gas station....don't eat this right before you run 26.2 miles.

2. If you choose to eat the above items which may or may not include: a Wendy's Frosty (come on...I couldn't help myself, I really only get it once a year), subway sandwich, CHEEEEEEEEEEESEY taco soup, and a fettuccine Alfredo pasta/chicken dinner...ps, this wasn't all in one sitting; this was the day prior to me "having" to run 26.2 miles.

3. Again...if you perhaps chose to eat the above items before running for a very VERY LONG time....here is what may or may not possibly happen:

a. diarrhea
b. throwing up
c. nearly passing out
d. needing an IV related to the above complications....

and yes....all of the above occurred to me on the day of the marathon. Unfortunately the "D" word presented throughout the race.... 3 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!.... One of which could not be held until the next porta-potty...and I had to run out into the bushes, up a hill and behind a tiny little stub of a bush to "you know..." Fortunately the other two items (barfing and IV) did not have to occur until after I crossed the finish line.

so...
LUCKILY I had my great friend Brooke who ran with me (part of it....she is much faster than me :O),

AND

LUCKILY I had my two beautiful sisters to help me when I honestly thought I was going to pass out...I was miserably miserable, but the IV fluids rejuvenated me and I was able to spend a few pleasant hours with my sisters whom I love and adore, and then had to catch a shuttle to the vegas airport.
I flew home that night and was OH SO HAPPY to see my family!

Ok folks...
I'm caught up as of now, and I probably will not revisit this blog until the end of the quarter; if you are lucky (or not...depending on how you look at it:O), I'll be back in 6 weeks with an update!!!

wish me luck on this quarter, it's supposed to be the second hardest out of our whole nursing program...so I'm anxious to get it over with!!!

good night and
sLy...
(ps...most of the pictures were taken from my sister's blog.....thanks bean, I hope you don't mind me snatching these:O)....I'm just glad you took some pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love them all! That sucks you got sick on your run. :( I don't know how you kept going I don't think I would have. Awesome that you did though!!! Good luck on this next part of school!

Kandis said...

oh dear.....that sounds kinda horrible. But congrats on the marathon...that is one of my goals in life...to run one...ONE DAY!