Tuesday, September 25, 2007

BORING....

I know I know...it's been too long since I have last written a post, but this PRESSURE is killing me :O)

I am super tired, but I do have some "stuff" to say....but no pictures this time (boring I know...)

OK:


1. TWO's COMPANY
SOOOO~ starting last Thursday...Sept. 20Th, little eliza began sleeping through the night (7pm-7am)!!!! Awesome eh??? The coolest part of it all is that she is now in mr. oliver's room!!!! They are sharing a room together and it is very fun!!!!
We've already started a ritual of story time on "sisters" blanket before they hit the sack!!! It is really really fun!!! Oliver is really diggin books lately, so I can finally have fun reading an actual story instead of just pointing out objects that he can identify!!!!! He especially loves "TRAIN" books....there is one called "train song" or something, and we call the little boy in all of the pictures "OLIVER"....so he is very excited about that!!!!

3. "Desensitize"
I started school Yesterday, and it is going to be pretty intense. Not to mention, I am really questioning whether this field is right for me. Many of my close friends and family know I have a really sensitive mind...anything wrong with anybody...or something going wrong (or even the possibility of either of those) floods my whole body with anxiety and fear, and sadness.....I'm not being sarcastic, I am actually very serious, and very nervous and wondering if this is reallly where I am supposed to be. My only prayer is that my weaknesses can become strengths and this will actually end up being just where I am supposed to be....
My instructor keeps using the word "desensitize" and it really bothers me...it's just not something I can even grasp right now. I pray that I can do this, because as of right here and right now...I'm really not sure.

4. Cucumbers and Almonds...but what about GRAPES!!!
This might be a NO BRAINER for many of you...but I was really astonished today when I realized that Cucumbers really do smell like those body sprays say...you know "cucumber-melon" and such....they reallllly smell like cucumbers...we had cucumbers today, fresh ones...and they smelled just like those body sprays!!!!
AND...Almonds taste just like the almond extract does!!!! I just had no idea! I mean it sounds obvious, but so many times when it comes to grape, strawberry, cherry..the man-made smells, and the man-made candies or what not...DO NOT TASTE OR SMELL LIKE the real deal!...so there you go!...I am amazed :O)

5. Pears, cottage cheese and almonds!
So...some of you know that I am a weirdo when it comes to putting foods together. I love to try interesting combinations...and most of the time they work!!!!...for me anyway :O)
Today for lunch I had a bowl of cottage cheese with sliced pears mixed in....then I sprinkled almonds on top...just to see how it tasted!!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THIS!!!!! It really was so good...and if you don't believe me...just ask oliver, he pretty much ate half of my dish, and was begging for more!!! This is when I realized that almond extract tastes just like REAL FRESH ALMONDS...except the almonds are much better for you!

6. Ice cream....or sorbet?
Ok...so here's the thing. Aaron and I are really health conscious these days (thanks to many reasons and many people...so thank you, and you know who you are)...therefore we don't eat much sugar, but we do have a "sweet night". This privileges us to have one really BAD treat for the week!!! Last weekend we went out for our first date without the kids...and WE WENT TO COLDSTONE!!!!! the problem is this!!! I wanted something really refreshing, and there was this really "yummy" tasting sorbet/smoothie something or other as one of the ice cream options. I tasted it....loved it....then continued to tell the man behind the counter that I would like that...with Brownies (of course) mixed in.
He was very confused and went on to say that it was not meant for that...it was to only put in smoothies....I wasn't about to listen to him because I thought I knew what I was doing.....
but apparently, he knew EXACTLY what he was talking about.
I began to eat the delectable looking dessert, only to find that minutes after I had ordered, the sorbet/smoothie thing had curdled, and bubbled and just did not look or taste right. It was very sour, and really did a number tummy...
I was very disappointed as it was my one night of shame for the week...I picked out the brownies because how dare I waste those...but even those were badly ruined (if you can imagine)....
It all worked out in the end because aar couldn't finish his.. so I got the last of his REAL ICE CREAM IN A REAL CONE!!!!... I will never make this mistake again!!!!

Well...I think that is all for now. I am officially exhausted and ready to SLEEP!!!! The problem though, is that even though eliza is sleeping through the night....I almost sleep worse now because before, I was expecting to wake up and feed her, now I am just waiting and worrying for this wonderful new routine to fail....man that stinks!
Anyway...I hope to sleep better tonight!

SLY and good night
joni ann

3 comments:

Jeana said...

Joni,

You are just the best. I love to read all you have to say. You also really inspire me to be more health conscience. I think about health all the time so I guess I am conscience but I still make bad choices (even thought I know better). Anyway...thanks for the update and congratulations on Eliza sleeping through the night!

Scott & Jennifer said...

Hey sweet thing!

I LOVE YOU!!! I love to hear your thoughts and insight on the world. I've been too busy "playing" around on my learning what I can do on it to really put thought into it, and it's pretty boaring... You're awesome!

I'm up for trying the peaches, cottage cheese and almonds....yummmm

Scott & Jennifer said...

Hello-just checking in, wanted to tell ya that I love ya!!