Tuesday, February 5, 2008

life...


hello to all,


Well...I feel as though I have kind of "slipped" out of the blogging world. I post once in a while...but as far as commenting and leaving posts on my friends and family's blogs, I have been very absent.

I am sorry for this.

I can't promise anything in the future, but do know that I think of you all, and hope the best for everybody.


Life has just been really crazy lately....whose life hasn't been crazy?... I know...but still. I am not a very good multi-tasker when it comes to being in a lot of places at once...especially replying to emails, or posts for that matter...at the end of the day when I have the energy (or not so much actually) to do those things...I choose to go to bed instead. Anyway...that is that.


Besides life being very crazy...it has also been very good, very interesting, very frustrating at times, but mostly good. Life is good, and I love my family so much.


I love our little oliver and eliza...lately they wake up around 5 in the morning, to which this is what I hear from our bedroom as I listen to what is going on in oliver and eliza's bedroom:


1. rustling around and the talking of jibberish, as oliver rolls all over his "big boy" bed.

2. the blinds being thrusted from their tidy little spot as oliver lifts them up and says "done dark?"..."oh..still dark!!!!"

3. Him playing with random toys to which, if eliza has not already awaken at this point...now she has!

4. oliver saying "sister...sister...sister"....to which, we then hear him climbing into her crib.

5. From this point on there are various "noises" some happy, and some not so happy as oliver and eliza use her tiny little crib as a play area...hm? interesing don't you think!

I actually really love it. I love it because oliver is so aware of his sister, and most often times he wants to be nice to her and to love her...and most of all to play with her. He loves playing with her, and of course that is true bliss for a mother. I could never express in words what it means to me when I see oliver making eliza laugh, or vice versa...I love it, I absolutely love it. And when she is sad, he is aware, and tries to make her feel better...or tells me that she needs a bottle or a blanket, or a toy...what a blesssing they both are. I love them both so much, and I just don't know what I would do without them. they truly give life a "zing" (whatever that means)....but you know what I mean...they spice it up. They truly are the "salt" of my world and I just can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for both of them.


An example of how they Spice up Aaron and I's life is this:


2 saturday's ago the clouds had FINALLLY dispersed, the rain had finally subsided....and we decided we wanted to go for a bike ride.

We loaded up the kids and off we went, joined with some very good friends of ours. We headed up Campus and took the kids to see: the infamous "bell tower"...Oh my word, this is probably one of oliver's most favorite things right now, he loves the bell tower and will talk about it all day long, and want to see it and hear the bells constantly...this and going to the bank with daddy is like GOLD to him!!!! (especially if they give him candy:O)...we also took them to see a real orange tree, to which aaron picked two oranges off and gave it to oliver and his friend... we then took a few laps around a big fountain and then we landed for a time at the quad!!!! A big field to play on is precious when your kids have been cooped up for some time! We let the kids out and they ran around, kicked a soccer ball, threw the frisbee's...and just had a great time.

I honestly felt 100% rejuvinated that day...and you know why? It's because, having kids around gives us old folks a reason to act and to feel jovial again....to frolic freely, to just enjoy life, to live without contention, anger, resentment, frustration....all of those things disapear when you have fun and let children rub off on you. I love that feeling. I love feeling like a kid again. I love spending time with oliver, eliza and Aaron. I love that Aaron loves to do fun things with the kids...I love my family and that is that.


We've had our share of of worry and frustration and I'm sure more will follow, but overall....life is good and I am so thankful to be living and to be sharing my life day in and day out with Aaron, oliver and eliza. I love my family.



3 comments:

brittney said...

how true! "let children rub off on you" thats beautiful. With their purity, forgiveness, wonder-ment (if thats a word) and quick-to-be-happy attitude no wonder we are told to become, "like a child"

Jeana said...

I loved reading your post. I understand how life can get busy and I am soon to know what it's like having two kids (I know that will double my busy-ness). It's always wonderful to hear your possitive words and know that life is good for you. I love you and I can't wait to see you....sometime. sly bean!

Cando said...

Well I have to agree with your sister whole-heartedly... I'm a little stressed with #2 coming and the aspect of leaving the state stresses me out, but I love hearing your positive attitude and how much you love being a mom. It makes me want to be a better mamma while I have the chance! You only get about 18 years of their lives right?? Keep up the goooood work!!