Tuesday, July 22, 2008

potty training, camera's, cake, and nothing else too exciting!

Dear blogging friends (family included :O)

It has been a long time since I have posted. My last entry dealt with potty training, so I guesss I will start from there.

It has been one week and four days since we started potty training oliver. He is doing reallllly reallly great. After the first 3 days he stopped having accidents. Even nap times were/are good to go. From 7am to 7 pm he is in underwear and is GREAT! We haven't quite mastered the "middle of the night" potty training, but we're working on it...
He really is enjoying being diaper free...and SO ARE WE!

So...on to Camera's! We finally bought ourselves a REAL camera that takes REAL pictures! Pictures that actually capture LIFE! At least that is what it feels like! My grandparents were really great photographers, and I always felt like that was something I wanted to get better at. I almost took a photography class once, but decided I needed a REAL camera for that, and it wasn't exactly affordable (so we thought :O)
Anyway, to make a long story short, our really good friends are very knowledgeable in the world photography, the Nikon Camera world! They have great camera gear, and endless knowledge, so we figured it was time to get going on our photography skills!
I recently made a photo book for eliza and loved everything about it EXCEPT the picture quality of my pictures. We have some pics in there taken from our friends camera...and they look amazing....but my pictures were not good at all.
Since then, I have been in the market for a NICE digital SLR camera! I finally found the perfect one on craigslist! Our "camera" friends (the husband :O) went with aaron to check it out last night. He did some tests on it, made sure it was in good shape and everything worked. They came home with the camera and now I am desperately trying to figure it all out! They gave us a crash course in how to use the camera last night, but it's going to take me a while...a LLLLONG time to get it all down.
We got the Nikon D70 (used)! We don't have our lens yet, so we are using our "friends'" lens to practice. I'll pick up the lens tomorrow!
It was a great deal, and we're getting everything for less than the price aaron and I agreed on....so that is FANTASTIC!

Anyway, it is all very exciting and thanks to Pester and MDester for allllll of your help and beautiful pictures which helped me realize what a crappy camera we had :O)
ps. (I don't know what else to call you guys on here....the "camera friends" was getting OLD... so, I hope you don't mind :O)

On to cake! So I had a birthday....it's true! I am officially 24 years old as of July 7th. It was a good day, and all I wanted (well that's not true :O), but one thing I really wanted was my mom's Patio cake. She called, gave me the recipe....and I made it! It was reallllllllllllllllllllllllly good. The frosting was different than I remember, but it was still really good.
Anyway, I am just writing to say that I LOST THE RECIPE! I told my sis I would put it on the blog....but, I can't find it. Can you believe it? I can't. Anyway, I hope to find it soon and I'll post it when/IF I do !!!! It is a delicious chocolate cake with a hint of Cinnamon... DELICIOUS!
Anyway, I hope to find it soon.

Ok, I am pretty much done. This post again was not very interesting. But at least your caught up a little bit (if you were interested in the first place :O) with what is going on here.

ps....we went on a reallllly AWESOME (did I really say that :O) bike ride last saturday with the kids and our "camera friends" :O)
For a PERFECT understanding of how that Excursion went see, this blog site!...You willl surely be amused! http://palewis.blogspot.com/

Have a great day everybody, and I'll be in touch!...I'll post pics taken with our new camera soon!

sly

5 comments:

Christi said...

Congratulations on potty training Oliver. That's great! You weren't kidding that the pictures from your friends camera were way better with a real camera. Makes me want to go out and buy one of those! Can't wait to see your pictures with your new camera!

Ashley said...

The potty training thing is great! I'm sure you guys are just LOVING that!!! I can't wait to see you guys! I tried calling back last night, but my attempt wasn't successful! I hope all is well. I'll try calling you soon. I've had some recent developments as far as my apartment goes, so I need to see if our schedules will match so I can see you! Also, I'm looking at making a trip to cali to see this amazing family!!! :) I want to discuss some timing things with you! :) Love ya and miss ya lots! Congrats on the cam. Can't wait to see the pics.

Sarah Jimenez said...

I SOOO want their camera too! The picture clarity is amazing! I am excited for you guys and can't wait to see some of your latest pics/experiments. You have a great eye for detail, so I am sure you will learn it quickly. Way to go Oliver on the potty training!

Malinda S. said...

We have a used D70 that we got from Angela (Roper/Mildon). You are going to love it!! It is amazing the difference a real camera makes! Is 10 months too soon to potty train?

Ashley Jackson said...

Hey Joni sounds like life is treating you guys well. That is very exciting about Oliver getting potty trained that will make your life a little bit easier:) I can't wait to see all the great pictures you take with your new camera that's fun. Also happy late birthday I can't believe how fast the years go by. I will be turning 25 in just a few months! Crazy!:)