Thursday, August 28, 2008

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

OK!
So here is the thing....there are TONS of pictures here.
Many of you know that I'm working on learning how to use a new camera...therefore, because I'm not so great at getting good pictures, I have to take thousands to practice. Anyway, this being said, I am also indecisive about which ones to choose. So you have a lot to look through. And believe me, there are still HUNDREDS to come!
SLY




GINORMOUS bird fly!
YUK...
















Take a closer look...there is even a bird fly that we captured in this picture!
Mid-AIR, trying to get oliver's OREO!
ps...aaron came up with the name bird fly. It fit because the were "nearly" the size of birds!
(however, we also like to exaggerate to make our point! :O)





This was the place we were supppposed to camp out at!
It really was beautiful, but we just felt like we needed to go all of the way.













This looks even cuter in color...but I couldn't find it!

STATIC!



hunting for bugs!

pretty BEAN!
Sorry about the sun-dot...I just thought you looked really pretty, so I wanted to add it to the collection :O)

breakfast time.....
cousins together!!!! FUNNNNNNN

DINNER TIME!

oops

two little cuties!!!!
one little cutie!


MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!



oops again!
I promise it's not my fault. When I uploaded "my pictures" from the blog, it kept changing the names of my pictures...really! So that is why there are doubles.


The HOTEL!
I hope my kids get to have this cool of a PLAYHOUSE!
BEAUTIFUL YARD!
The Front of the Hotel!!!
cute little boy going shopping through the neighborhood!
the boys trying to fix the "unfix-able" bikes!
We tried mom and dad, and it was fun, but we just couldn't get them to work so well!


Oliver loved the trampoline....
if he was the only one on it! He didn't like being "cracked" and bounced by other kids!
The mosdell's chickens!
COOL!
My goodness he's cute!

Our old backyard, luckily we can still play there!
The mosdells bought our back-back yard property, and this is what they've done with it. It looks really really GREAT, and the kids LOVE it!






They're here....our pictures have finally been uploaded, shrunk, and everything else that has needed to be done in order for them to be BLOGGED!!!!! HOOORAY!

Many of you may not be as excited as I am about this...but nonetheless, I know my sisters and mother and father will be greatly pleased to see these pics. Not because they're going to be super great, but because I was a like the paparazzi on this trip and now everyone wants to see the "damage" I have caused :O)
Anyway, here they are. I will post them in "huge chunks" of three or four until you've seen the best of our trip....

These first set of pictures include our JOURNEY to Southern Utah. We had stopped near barstow with plans of camping, and then leaving the next day for the rest of our journey...however due to GINORMOUS bird flys (you will see), HUGE burning red ants... and a much too desolate area that kind of made my insides uneasy, we went the whole way in one day. Even though I didn't want to camp in this particular area, it really was INCREDIBLY beautiful. I almost think now that we probably could have stayed...but I guess the past is past right!?!

Our second set of pictures is the next couple of days once we arrived in Kanab. My home, the yard, cousins, sisters, THE BEAUTIFUL RED RED ROCK! I love it there, and it was heaven to be back...especially during the summer. It's been a long time since I've seen my home during the summer when I loved it the most growing up!....It was just as great, and just as beautiful as I remember!!!!!!
SLY
and I hope you enjoyed this mom and dad!!!!
ps...thanks again ashley for the adorable clothes!!! I think oliver is wearing them in most of the pictures! I'll have to take pics of eliza in her dress...it's really beautiful, and I love how it looks on her!!!!

5 comments:

Jeana said...

LOVE IT!!!! THANKS JONI

Taylors said...

I think your pictures are great! Your kids are too cute! I can't believe how big Eliza has gotten since I saw her at Christmas and whoa... cutest curls ever! I'm glad you got to come home for a while. I know how big that is when you live so far away :)

Anne said...

I have to say my favorite is the fourth. I like that the background is cut into three different even section of color, texture and focus. The way she has her arm out to the side gives the feeling of her balancing up there. Also the angle makes her look like she could lean forward right out of the picture and into your arms. Her golden curls catching the light on the right and they’re almost silhouetted on the left against the sky background. Her intent stare that draws your eye down to her point of interest. The dusty top of the platform that makes you think she was dancing around and creating the scattered footprints. …..probably more than you wanted, but that’s my pick.
P.S what kind of camera did you get? I'm shopping around for a new one and would love to year what you think. I'm also taking a photography class at foothill let me know it you're interested?

Chelsea said...

What incredible pictures!!! So many of them are my favorites!!! I cant believe how great they are!!! I need to take a photography class!! Joni, they are super!

Jamie said...

I think you are very talented. Your family is so cute!